Happy love week! Today I am sharing the perfect meal to make for your sweetheart for a perfect date night in. Date night ins, especially on days like Valentine’s Day, are my absolutely favorite! No need to go out into the cold, wait for a table, wait even longer for your food and then have to pay the tab when you’re done. Instead, you can quickly whip up a delicious meal with your love, make it romantic with candles and lighting and enjoy the quietness of just you and your hunny. Then, you can slip into your comfies, cozy up and watch a movie. That sounds like absolute perfection to me and a lot of our date nights look just like that! And then picture an 85 pound lab that thinks he also needs to be cuddling with us.
I’m not much of a romantic nor do I expect my husband to do romantic things for Valentines Day. To me, it’s just another day. I think cards are a total waste of money so he definitely isn’t getting one of those. I don’t care much about receiving gifts either so my husband gets off pretty easily when it comes to Valentines Day. I am more of an advocate for random acts of love. I’d rather receive flowers on a random day just because instead of on a day that it is expected to give or receive flowers. We try and plan weekly date nights instead of waiting for “the most romantic day ever” to spend quality time together. I show my husband love on the daily through lots of different ways and he does the same. I would take daily small acts of love any day over extravagant, romantic, seldom acts of love. But hey, if you love Valentines Day and love going all out, go for it! You do you!
I usually share my second recipe of the week on Wednesdays, but since that is officially Valentines Day I am going to share my dessert recipe tomorrow so you have time to make it! If you are a dessert lover and need some more inspiration on what to make your hunny, here a few ideas! Plus loads more under the dessert tab!
- Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake with a Chocolate Drizzle
- Vanilla Raspberry Cubcakes
- Strawberry Fudge Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Strawberry and Roasted Almond Sundae
- Valentine’s Day Seduction Snacks
Get cozy with a Valentine’s date night in this week and make this simple yet delicious dinner!
- 2 wild caught Alaskan salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil of ghee
- 4 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 pear, sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 green onions
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp thyme
- First make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a mason jar, seal the lid and shake until well combined. Set aside.
- To make the salad, add the arugula, pomegranate seeds, green onions and goat cheese to a large bowl and gently toss to mix. Set aside.
- Please a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium high heat and add the coconut oil. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot add the salmon skin side up. Cook for 5-7 minutes and flip and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. You know it's done when you easily flakes.
- Add the salmon and sliced pears to the arugula mixture, top with dressing and enjoy!