I am back in action! For those of you who don’t know, I work for Country Jam USA which is a country music festival held right here in Eau Claire. I have worked for a straight 17 days and am exhausted! I am slowly recovering and have finally gotten back in the gym this week. I am also getting back on track with nutrition and hitting my macros. During festival week it is pretty difficult to even think about eating, let alone, finding the time to eat. When you do find the time to eat, you don’t care what it is you just shove it in your mouth. I will soon be feeling great again if I just stay consistent!
With all the hard work also came some fun that I want to share with you! My biggest highlight of the weekend was that I got to meet BLAKE SHELTON! He was of course gigantic, really sweet actually and he called me sweet heart while giving me a big squeeze 🙂 I didn’t complain!
Another exciting thing happened when I brought a friend on stage to jam to a couple Kip Moore songs. I turned around and Cassadee Pope was standing directly behind us! I totally broke the “backstage” rules and asked her for a picture. I kind of had to considering last year I also got a picture with her. It just had to happen.
The Party Pit was where it was at this year. It was so cool because you can get so close to the artists. Unfortunately, I couldn’t spend too much time down there because well, duty called but I did still get some good pictures! I won’t share them all because we’d be here all day.
Now on to this recipe! It is perfect for a hot summer day and to treat your sweet tooth! I absolutely love ice cream and could eat it all.the.time. Luckily with paleo, I didn’t have to give it up!
- For the ice cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- For the strawberries
- 1 lb strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Additional Topping
- 1 cup almonds, roasted
- Place all ice cream ingredients into a blender and blend until mixed together.
- Whip out your handy dandy ice cream maker, turn that baby on and pour in ice cream mixture. Let churn until desired consistency forms. If you don't have an ice cream maker, place mixture in a bread pan and place in freezer for 6-8 hours.
- While ice cream is churning, add strawberries and coconut sugar to a bowl and gently mash and mix together. Place in fridge.
- For the almonds, preheat oven to 275 degrees and place almonds on a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Place almonds in small food processor and process until small chunks are formed.
- Dish that ice cream into a bowl and top with as much toppings as you want!