Happy almost Valentines Day! I am bringing you this recipe a day early. If you are anything like me you like to plan out your meals in advance, especially, date night in meals! If you missed it, yesterday I shared a Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Salmon and Lemon Vinaigrette. This meal is perfect for a romantic night in tomorrow to spoil your love with an amazing home-cooked meal and to show off your talent in the kitchen! It is really easy to throw together, but gives off the look of a lot of effort. That’s my kind of meal.
Next up, dessert. Chocolate is pretty much the food language for love and we should all indulge in a little chocolate tomorrow. I am bring you yet another crazy simple recipe that will scream love to your hunny. This recipe reminded me how damn good chocolate covered strawberries are and that I need more of them in my life. This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Chia Pudding will be the perfect night cap to finish off your romantic date night in. Quick tip, whip it up tonight or early in the morning so it has more time to set.
Valentines Day lover or hater, it is still a special day to be appreciative of the ones we love and who love us. If you don’t have a significant other, who cares! I know you have plenty of other people in your life that love you! Send yourself some flowers, make yourself an amazing meal, call someone and tell them you love them, pamper yourself with a bubble bath, shower your significant other with gifts and take in the day of love tomorrow! Whether we like it or not, love will be in the air and it us up to us to embrace it! You are loved <3
- 1½ cups cashew milk or other nut milk
- 3 cups whole strawberries, stems removed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup enjoylife chocolate chips
- Place nut milk, 2 cups strawberries, maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the chia seeds. Transfer the mixture to 2-3 mason jars, seal the lids and shake well. Place in refrigerator for 4+ hours or over night.
- Place the remaining strawberries on a parchment lined baking sheet. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the strawberries and save any remaining chocolate for the pudding. Place the strawberries in the fridge.
- After 4+ hours, remove the pudding from the fridge and top with chocolate strawberries and any remaining melted chocolate.