Happy New Year! It is officially 2018, the first day of the next 365 days. We have an entire year ahead of us of new opportunities, new goals, and new experiences. If you are a New Year’s resolution setter, just someone who sets goals throughout the year, or someone who is new to the whole resolution/goal setting thing, the best thing you can do is start! If you are wanting to become a better version of yourself in 2018, have more energy, lose unwanted body fat then let me help you!
On January 7th my New Year’s 30 Day KISS Challenge kicks off. Keeping things simples is the answer to any long term and lasting results. During the 30 day challenge, all you need to do is complete one healthy habit a day. Just by completing one healthy task a day for an entire month will allow you to adapt a healthier lifestyle in a much simpler and effective way rather than changing everything all at once. There is even a grand prize to one lucky challenger! To learn more about the challenge and how to join, click here!
If you follow me on snapchat or instagram you might notice that I have an obsession with a local cafe. The menu has so many healthy and clean options and you always know you will get high quality and delicious meals. I get the exact same omelette every single time I go with the addition of bacon so I decided to recreate it, but in frittata form so I have more servings! This frittata is perfect for breakfast meal prep or weekend brunch with friends. Pair it with gluten free toast or fruit and you have yourself one delicious breakfast!
- 1 dozen eggs, whisked
- ½ pound bacon, cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4-5 crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, thinly slices
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ⅛ cup goat cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add the bacon pieces to the skillet and cook until crispy. Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Keep as much bacon grease in the skillet as possible.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until it begins to turn translucent then add the mushrooms. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and let wilt for 1 minute.
- With the whisked eggs in a large bowl, add the bacon, onion, mushroom and spinach mixture, italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Mix well. Transfer egg mixture back into the cast iron skillet. Place the sliced tomato on top.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add a bit more italian seasoning and goat cheese on top.