This has been the Mondaiest Monday I’ve had in a really long time. I generally like Mondays because they are the days I set my intention for the week and get ish done. Today has been a real test to all my self-development practices. Nothing major happened. I’ve just had a lot of small things building over the last couple weeks and much of it exploded today. But hey, the day is more than halfway over, I get to go to the gym soon and I’m healthy and happy! Stress can be deadly to health goals and set us way back if we let it. To stop this from happening to me, here are 5 things that I do to handle stressful days.
- Take a step back and breathe. When I feel I am getting overwhelmed I like to take a step back and reevaluate what is importation for the day. What are my big rocks that I need to get done and what can be handled later.
- Talk it out. I let myself vent for a hot second and then move on.
- Be extra grateful. I practice gratitude everyday but on stressful days I remind myself even more often what I am thankful for.
- Stay hydrated and on top of my nutrition. Stress and being hangry is a deadly combo.
- Go to the gym no matter what. No matter what I have going, how much stress I am under I will also go to the gym on stressful days. The gym is a stress reliever for me. It is a place I don’t have to think about anything else but what I am doing in that moment. And, the endorphins are a major pay off.
- Go to bed early. Stress is exhausting! I don’t want to stress my body even more by staying up late so I hit the hay early.
Everyone has stressful and bad days and we have the choice to choose how to handle it. How do you handle your stress? All bad days end. Tomorrow is always a new day. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.
To help with not being stressed during the week I always meal prep and these egg muffins just moved to the top of my meal prep menu! These would be a great grab n go breakfast or even snack!
- 1 cup egg whites
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 15 asparagus sprigs, chopped
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee
- salt and pepper
- optional: ¼ cup cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a small skillet on the stove over medium heat and add ghee. Once the ghee is melted add the onion and cook until translucent. Then, add the asparagus and let cook for 7-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the egg whites and whole eggs. Add the rotisserie chicken, asparagus mixture, cheese and salt and pepper. Fill 6-8 greased muffins tins ¾ full. Cook for 20-25 minutes.