Sunday blues are a feeling I am sure many of us are familiar with. We love Sundays because we have one more day to the weekend, but as the day goes on we slowly start dreading for the day to end because that means Monday is that much closer. Cue in the Sunday blues. Mondays are dreaded by so many people because that means back to work, back to the hectic hustle and bustle of shuttling kids around, meetings, appointments, and so on. Do we really need to always dread Mondays, though?
Yesterday I had one of the least stressful days I have had in a really long time. Why? Because, when I thought about Monday I saw it as another day, another opportunity to get that much closer to my goals. This sense of calmness allowed me to fully enjoy my day, to be completely present with the people I was with and give my all to everything that I was doing. When I laid my head on my pillow last night I was thankful for the gift of freedom, determination, and for the ability to work towards building a life I have always dreamed of. Doing more of what I love has given me such joy that I am now determined to give this gift to others as well.
Do you experience the Sunday blues? Do you dread waking up on a Monday morning? How would you like to change that? Imagine yourself waking up on a Monday to an entire day of new opportunity, to a day that you are able to design and do what you want to do. What is it that makes you happy? What is the one thing you want to accomplish that you know will bring an overflowing amount of joy to your life? Let’s all start doing more of those things. Let’s all start designing the life we’ve always dreamed of.
I brought this potato salad to a cookout over the weekend and it was a hit! It is easy to throw together and keeps really well in the fridge.
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, cubed
- 1 bushel asparagus, chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp paleo mayo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp green onions plus extra for garnish
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Place the pot on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Let potatoes boil until fork tender. About 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain the water and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, add the asparagus to a vegetable steamer and steam until fork tender. Once cooked, remove the asparagus from the steamer and let cool for ten minutes.
- While the potatoes and asparagus are cooling, in a small bowl combine the oil, mayo, garlic, parsley, green onions and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the cooled potatoes and asparagus in a large bowl. Add the oil and mayo mixture and gently mix until the potatoes and asparagus are fully coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep in refrigerator.