Another holiday weekend has come and gone and it is time to get back to our routines, back to our goals and back to consistency! Our weekend was full of a lot of quality family time and FOOD! I ate out more than usual, indulged in this French toast, enjoyed movie theatre popcorn (one of my ultimate favorite indulgences!) and definitely didn’t drink enough water. I am ready to get back to my routine, drink as much water as possible and get back on track!
I use holiday weekends as a time to eat mindfully and not worry too much about tracking my food. I still make healthy choices but if there is something I want, I eat it. Below is everything that I ate on Easter!
What I ate in a Day on Easter
I started the day with two cups of joe and then made Protein French Toast for the fam with scrambled eggs, venison bacon and berries.
After church I went on my long run to get it over with. I generally have a preworkout meal but I was still full from breakfast. After my run I made a big thick shake and ate it like ice cream.
I then helped my mom make Easter Linner (lunch/dinner since we at 3:30pm) and I ended up having turkey, roasted sweet potato and red potatoes, steamed carrots and strawberries. Later that night I had a little bit more turkey and sweet potato topped with goat cheese.
There you have it. I ate when I was hungry, I ate what my body wanted and didn’t worry about anything else! Now, go make this French toast because it is the best!
- 1 loaf gluten free bread, I used this brand
- 10 eggs
- 2 tblsp cup cashew milk, or other nut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop high quality grass-fed vanilla whey protein powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and grease with oil of choice.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the ingredients except for the bread. Transfer the mixture to a pie pan. Dip a piece of bread into the egg mixture fully coating it on both sides. Place in the heated skillet and cook until golden brown, flip and cook again until golden brown. Repeat process until all egg mixture is used or you run out of bread.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!