Happy February! I heard on the news this morning that February is commonly the snowiest month. I love snow and have plans to hit the slopes this season yet so bring on the snow! Is tomorrow Ground Hogs Day? What does it mean again if he does or doesn’t see his shadow? I should really google that…
For the past two weeks I have added a new little ritual to my morning routine and I am going to tell you what it is because I feel it is benefiting me for the better. Every morning before I enjoy my cup of joe, I have been having a cup of warm lemon water. I initially started adding this into my routine because it is suppose to help with digestion. Well, it sure has been! Other great benefits from drinking warm lemon water in the morning include:
- Natural Flush – lemon juice can help stimulate proper stomach acid production and bile production which helps the liver to naturally flush the body of toxins.
- Immune System Boost – Vitamin C and potassium are found in lemons so absorbing these vitamins first thing in the morning give your immune system a little boost.
- Healthier Skin – with the added vitamins, improved digestion your skin will become healthier.
- Healthy Weight – there has been studies done that have shown that drinking water (or lemon water) first thing in the morning increases a person’s metabolic rate by 30 percent. However, understand that just by drinking water in the morning won’t start melting pounds off, other healthy choices need to be made as well!
With the additional vitamin C and potassium, there are many other benefits to drinking lemon water as well, but I just wanted to show you the most common and known benefits. I have been enjoying my warm lemon water mornings and I hope you do too!
A good friend of mine got me on the Moscow Mule train, but then I learned that ginger beer has a lot of sugar in it, bummer. So instead, I decided to make my own! These will be the perfect addition to Super Bowl Sunday or any gathering you plan to have at your house!
- 12oz Ginger Kombucha
- 4oz vodka
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (honey will work too)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Garnish options: mint leaves and lime slice
- 2 copper mugs
- In each copper mug add 6 ounces of Ginger Kumbucha, 2 ounces of vodka, 1 tsp pure maple syrup and juice from ½ of a lime. Stir well and then fill each mug with ice and garnish with mint leaves and a lime slice.
- Drink up buttercup!