Is your life exactly how you envisioned it to be? Mine isn’t. When I was in college I had the idea that I would become a badass public relations business women living in a large city, wearing suits to work while carrying an expensive briefcase. I now chuckle at myself because I couldn’t be any further from that vision and I grateful for that. Now I have a completely different vision of what I want my life to become. My post college experiences and growth have lead me to this new vision but the thing is, I am lacking belief.
I can dream and ponder on what I want my life to look like but without any belief, it will remain a dream. These past couple weeks my belief has started to grow. I have seen glimpses of my life changing and moving towards the vision I once thought was only possible in my mind. It gives me the motivation and determination to grind even harder to make my vision my reality. Just like any goals or resolutions, this is not going to happen over night. As much as I wish I could just wake up tomorrow to the life I am currently working on designing, I need to work and building my belief system.
Do you believe you will reach your goals? If you are like me and still working on that belief, that is okay! Just don’t give up when the goal seems so far away. Remember why you started this journey and keep grinding it out. Soon your belief in yourself and future will be so strong that absolutely nothing will stand in your way.
Okay, okay I know this might not look like the most appetizing meal. It taste a lot better then it looks! Wisconsin is getting extra cold and this soup makes the frigid temps a whole lot better! This soup makes quite a bit and would be the perfect addition to your weekly meal prep!
- 1 butternut squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3-4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (14 oz) can of full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook the squash for 45 minutes or until soft. Scoop the insides of the squash (leaving the skin to discard) and add it to a high powered blender. Add the coconut milk to the blender and blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- •In a large pot over medium heat add the coconut oil and garlic. Cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes and then add the zucchini, carrots and celery. Mix and cook for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
- •Add the rotisserie chicken to the vegetables, then add the squash mixture to the pot, add the salt and pepper and mix well. Lower heat to low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- •Serve hot!