As quickly as Christmas came, it left just as fast. I can’t believe Christmas is over already! We had a very busy but very good Christmas. We were able to spend lots of quality time with all of our family members and stick to our Christmas traditions. Nick and I even stated our own little Christmas Eve Eve tradition of a night at home just the two of us wrapping presents and diving into homemade pizza! I will be sure to keep that tradition alive!
One more big holiday to go and the holiday season will officially be over. I’m sure we all may have indulged a bit or maybe even a little too much but now it is time to get back on track. Back to healthy choices and back to moving on a regular basis. You shouldn’t punish, restrict, or beat yourself down for any of the choices you made over the Christmas weekend. Instead, go right back to your normal routine and let your body’s natural cleansing system do its magic! Chug lots of water, get in a few good sweat session and fill your plate with nutrient dense foods and you will be feeling great in just a short couple days.
If you still have some holiday parties to attend or if you are throwing a big New Year’s Eve bash and you need a delicious treat or dessert, make these! It takes literally minutes to make and they look like you put a lot of effort into them.
- ½ bag of enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ - 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over low to medium heat and then immediately spread the melted chocolate on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs and sea salt evenly over the chocolate. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Break into pieces and serve. Keep in an air tight container in the freezer.