Self doubt is the enemy to any wishful thought, lofty goal or any “someday” thoughts. I don’t set my goals on things that I know I can achieve. I set my goals on things I am going to need to reach for. Do I sometimes doubt myself that my goals might not be achieved. Sure. Do I dwell on that and just give up? Absolutely not. Instead, I use that doubt as fuel and turn it into confidence, determination and self belief.
Our minds try to trick us into thinking that we can’t do something when in reality, we are only afraid of failure. Would you have learned how to ride a bike if you refused to get back on after you fell off? If you aren’t failing, you aren’t growing. Failure shouldn’t be something we are afraid of. Failure should be embraced because that is when we learn and grow the most. Believe in yourself a little more, embrace failure and watch yourself prosper.
A few tips to kick self doubt to the curb:
- Self affirmation – every day write down 3-5 self affirmations. For example: I believe in myself, I live a healthy lifestyle, I am f*ucking awesome!
- Set short term goals – if you have a lofty goal in mind set small weekly or monthly goals to achieve that will get you closer to your end goal.
- Surround yourself with like minded people – people you choose to be around should be uplifting and happy for your successes and be there when you fail to help you up again.
This is the perfect treat to keep in the freezer for those nights you are needing a sweet treat after dinner.
- Chocolate Layer
- ½ cup enjoylife chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cake Layer
- 4 tbsp Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp water
- Add the coconut oil and chocolate chips to a small sauce over low/medium heat and melt. Stir occasionally. Add a thin layer of melted chocolate to 12 mini muffin cups and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Combine coconut flour, baking powder, salt and water to a small bowl and mix well. Cook in the microwave for 1 minute. Then, stir in the vanilla almond butter.
- Grab the muffin tin from the freezer and fill all 12 cups with an even amount of the cake layer (about ¾ full) then pour the remaining chocolate over each cup and place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container.