Ah, Labor Day weekend. What a bitter sweet weekend. It is the final celebration of summer before the hustle and bustle of school, fall and winter. It is more sweet for me than bitter because the hubby and I’s anniversary falls on this weekend! Just a year ago we were gearing up to make the trip up to Bayfield and tie the knot. It was such an amazingly fun weekend and I wish we could do it every year!
People tend to let loose on holiday weekends and by all means, enjoy yourself! But, don’t enjoy yourself to the point of regret once Tuesday comes around. If you are in need of some tips of how to stay on top of your goals while also trying to let loose, checkout this post where I give you my 5 tips of staying on track while on vacation.
Also to help you stay on track, here are some recipes you will find right here on kissbybrooke.com that would be perfect for the holiday weekend!
Labor Day Weekend Roundup
- BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
- PB&J Bacon Burger
- Cilantro Honey Chicken Drummies
- Bacon Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad with a Lime Dressing
- Herb Infused Sweet Potato Wedges
- Paleo Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- Frozen Strawberry Pineapple Margaritas by Paleomg.com
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is by far one of the easiest recipes ever and so tasty! I used my extra Buffalo Sauce from Monday’s recipe so if you already made that recipe and haven’t used your Buffalo Sauce for anything else, you won’t need much else! I used the chicken and made tacos with it and daaaaamn it was good. You can do anything with this recipe like put it over cauliflower rice or zoodles, chicken fajitas, paired with just some roasted veggies or potatoes. The ideas are endless!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce*
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours
- Shred the chicken breast with two forks
*Buffalo Sauce Recipe