It’s official and I am excited to announce that I will be doing my very first figure competition this May. After a lot of heeeing and haaaing I met with a coach and I am ready to dive in! I am doing this show because I want to learn more about nutrition and how it can change the body. After this show, I am hoping I can help more people reach their health and fitness goals, no matter what they are!
Since my show isn’t until May, my coach said I need to take the first couple months to gain muscle, 5 lbs of lean muscle mass to be exact. It isn’t a huge amount of weight but I have never “bulked” before and honestly, I am a little nervous about it. It is exciting to see the body change but it is scary seeing it change when putting on weight. I am going to keep to a clean diet to keep any fat gain to a minimum. I know this is going to be tough and stressful but I also know that it will be extremely rewarding! I plan to use my blog as a journal and write about my highs and lows to keep myself on track.
Like I mentioned, I am doing a small bulk for the next couple of months. I am eating over 2,000 calories a day with lots of carbs and lots of protein. Hello high grocery bills! It has been two days and I am noticing that I am going to have to eat a lot more earlier in the day. My nights have involved a lot of food to the point where I don’t even know if I can shove anymore in. Meal prep and consistency will be my saving grace.
I took my before pictures and I am excited to keep you updated on my progress! Now, about this dessert. If you are looking for a really easy holiday treat, I’ve got you covered. They are not entirely paleo because of the candy canes but you can make them paleo and I will tell you how below.
- 2 cups enjoy life chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed candy canes*
- 1 cup crushed roasted coconut chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- In a double broiler or a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate. If you are using a microwave, melt the chocolate in 30 sec - 1 minute increments.
- Stir in peppermint extract to chocolate.
- On a parchment paper lined pan, pour the chocolate mixture and spread into a thin layer.
- Top the chocolate with the crushed coconut chips then the candy canes.
- Please in fridge for at least two hours. Break a part and enjoy!