What if I told you all I ate and drank was meat and water? You’d think I was C-R-A-Z-Y! And, that is exactly what I thought when I came across this article. To sum it up, this family ONLY eats meat and indulges on it once a day. They consume a few pounds of majority steak every.single.day. They eat absolutely no carbs, no vegetables and no fruit. There is a lot I could argue in the article but here are the main points I see why this is not a great diet to follow.
1. You wouldn’t have any energy or fuel to workout.
2. You are not getting any micronutrients, vitamins or minerals.
3. Social gatherings would be a b*tch!
Being a person who enjoys a good sweat session, appreciates vitamins and nutrients and enjoys going out and indulging every once in awhile, this diet would NOT be for me. This is why it is so important to find a lifestyle/diet that works for YOU! We are different, have different views and handle certain foods differently. Just because one family can survive on steak and steak only doesn’t mean that you should go try it. You are the only person who knows how food makes you feel. When it makes you feel good, energized and fueled, stick with it because that means it is working!
Speaking of indulgences, these Almond Butter Chocolate Bites are the perfect treat! Takes no time at all to whip up, store them in the fridge and grab when your sweet tooth is chatting.
- 2 cups almond butter
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 bag Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Combine almond butter and honey in a food processor and pulse until honey is mixed in.
- Form the almond butter mixture into small bite sized balls.
- Melt chocolate chips in a sauce pan over the stove on low/medium heat. Stir often so it doesn't burn.
- Dip the almond butter balls in the chocolate and cover on all sides.
- Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated