Don’t go into a meeting (that you are mainly speaking in) and have gum in your mouth and chomp on it THE ENTIRE TIME! Gum/food chomping is my biggest pet peeve and if I have to listen to you talk, I may slap you.
So, I came across a really great article that I want everyone to read if you are tipping the line of paleo or Whole30. Seriously, read it. Right now. Actually, read it after you make this banana treat! OR, read it while you eat this banana treat!
Steph, over at Stupid Easy Paleo wrote a post about paleo vs Whole30 and which is better. She is an Envoy Extraordinaire for Whole30, which means she helps educate the community and answers questions about the program. I loved every little thing that she had to say about the two and that there is no “best.” It is simply what works for you and that belly of yours. Whole30s are great to start your paleo journey, but the limitation of the diet isn’t something you would want to make a lifestyle. Both paleo and Whole30 serve very important purposes and it is up to you on how you want to use them.
First, how do you make a banana look pretty in pictures? Second, this treat was just what I was looking for! This would be great for a post workout snack, dessert or a gooie snack for the kidos.
- 1 banana
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1-2 tsp enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
- Slice the banana the long way but not all the way through. Start about a half inch away from the stem and ended about a half inch from the other end. Make sure you do not slice all the way through the banana.
- Gently open the banana to form a "boat." Again, be careful to keep the banana in one piece.
- Stuff the banana with your nut butter. I found it easy to place some almond butter on a tip of a sharp knife and gently place it in the banana.
- Press the chocolate chips into the almond butter. See picture below.
- Place a thin layer of almond butter to cover the chocolate chips.
- Wrap banana in tinfoil and place in over for 10-15 minutes.