What a perfect day for soup! Rainy chilly days like this makes me want to be snuggle up on the couch with a blanket, hot tea and my pup, Mojo, binge watching Netflix. When I first started watching Scandal (best show EVER) I was three seasons behind and no lie, two weekends in a row I didn’t move from the couch. I don’t think I even showered, which is pretty gross but totally worth it!
Let’s move on, there is no need for you to hear anymore of my disgusting habits. Some of you may know this, but I have been taking an Entrepreneur Training Program through Continuing Education at the University. Once I began becoming more interested in nutrition and paleo I began getting a bajillion ideas of how I could make it a career, but had absolutely no clue how to start. I am hoping this class will be a little kick in the ass to get started with something or at least meet some valuable people! I am doing some customer research and it would be really cool of you to click the below link and take my survey! It is only five questions and will take you literally two minutes to complete.
This soup really hit the spot and was made within 20 minutes! I had a lot of leftover shredded chicken and I thought I’d put it to good use!
- 3-4 cups pre-cooked shredded chicken
- 32 oz organic chicken broth
- 3-5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the carrots, celery and onion in a large pot over the stove on medium high heat and add the chicken broth.
- Once the broth comes to a slight boil, turn down to a medium low heat. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cook veggies until desired softness and then add chicken.
- Once chicken is heated, stir in kale and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add any additional salt and pepper if needed.